Choosing A Real Estate Agent
When you’re buying or selling a home, the right agent makes all the difference. You want to make sure your interests are being represented in a way that reflects your needs and goals. Ask your potential agent the questions below to help decide if they are a good fit, or if you should keep searching (or download the question sheet below in JPEG or PDF):
1. How long have you been working in residential real estate?
2. Is this your full-time job?
3. What real estate designations do you hold?
4. How many homes did you sell last year?
5. How many homes did you find for buyers last year?
6. How close were your initial price estimates to the final prices on the homes you helped buy/sell?
7. How many days did it take you to sell the average home? How did that compare to the overall market?
8. What marketing systems and approaches will you used to sell my home?
9. Will you represent me exclusively, or will you represent both the buyer and the seller?
10. Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, and help
with other things I need done? Attorney? Title/Escrow company? Repairmen?
11. How will you keep me informed about the listings or sale of my home?
12. Can you provide references?
13. What is your commission?
14. What other costs can I expect?
15. What cosmetic changes/improvements do you recommend? Estimated costs?
16. How quickly do you return phone calls and messages?
17. How familiar are you with my neighborhood?
18. What is your business philosophy/personality?